Fence work is a specialized trade that is in high demand. However, most potential clients won’t have a fence contractor on speed dial. In this article, you’ll find several fence company marketing ideas to help you stand out from the crowd.
Unleashing the Potential of Your Fence Company Website
You may think your website mostly shares information about your business. However, when built the right way, it can do so much more. A well-designed fence company website plays a crucial role in generating leads and bringing customers to your door. Here are a few ways to supercharge your online marketing through your site.
1. Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Optimize your fence company website for search engines to drive organic traffic and generate leads.
2. Blogging: Regularly publish informative blog posts about fence maintenance, styles, materials, and trends.
3. Online Quoting: Provide online quoting tools for potential customers.
4. Online Appointment Booking: Make it easy for customers to book appointments online.
5. FAQ Section: Have an FAQ section on your website to address common fencing questions.
6. Chatbot: Implement a chatbot on your website to answer basic customer inquiries 24/7.
7. Customer Testimonials: Showcase testimonials from satisfied customers on your website and in marketing materials.
8. Infographics: Create informative infographics about different types of fences, maintenance tips, etc., and share them on your website and social media.
9. Case Studies: Highlight successful projects with professional photographs in case studies on your website.
10. Drone Footage: Use drone footage to show off large fencing projects.
11. Targeted Landing Pages: Create landing pages for specific fence types or services to improve your SEO and PPC efforts.
12. Content Collaborations: Collaborate with home improvement bloggers or influencers to create co-branded content.
Other Online Marketing Tools
While your website is a powerful digital marketing tool, there are plenty of online avenues for fence contractor marketing. Getting your business on several digital channels will increase your exposure in crowded markets.
13. Google Business Profile: Claiming and completely filling out your GBP makes it much easier for potential clients to connect with you.
14. Google Ads: Use Google Ads to reach customers searching for fencing services in your area.
15. Customer Reviews: Encourage satisfied customers to leave positive reviews on platforms like Google and Yelp.
16. Social Media: Post before and after photos of your projects on platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Relevant hashtags will also improve the performance of your social media posts.
17. Paid Social Media Ads: Use targeted ads on Facebook and Instagram to reach potential customers.
18. Video Marketing: Use YouTube or TikTok to create how-to videos or showcase your projects.
19. Email Marketing: Send newsletters and special offers to your email list. Segmenting your contact list allows you to send targeted emails to customers in specific categories.
20. Webinars: Host educational webinars about fence installation and maintenance.
21. Pinterest Boards: Create themed Pinterest boards showcasing different fence styles, materials, and colors.
Old School Fence Contractor Marketing Techniques
As a fencing contractor, your handiwork is on display all around your community. This public visibility means that traditional fence company marketing techniques are still effective tools for generating leads.
22. Yard Signs: Placing yard signs at your work sites can be part of your contract with your clients. Ask your satisfied customers if they would allow you to keep a yard sign on their property for a few weeks after a project is completed. This can be an effective way to advertise your work to the neighborhood.
23. Permanent Signs on Fences: With the homeowner’s permission, consider adding a small, elegant sign with your company name and contact information to the fences you install, especially those facing high-traffic areas. This works as a continuous advertisement for your work and can be particularly effective as potential customers can see the quality of your work firsthand. Remember, the sign should be tasteful and not overwhelming, respecting the aesthetic of the fence and the homeowner’s property.
24. Billboards and Local Ads: Advertise in local print media and on billboards.
25. Radio, TV, and Podcast Ads: Advertise your services on local radio stations. Collaborate with a local TV station, YouTube channel, or podcast to sponsor a DIY home improvement or landscaping show.
26. Press Releases: Send press releases to local media when you launch new services or reach business milestones.
27. Community Involvement: Sponsor local events or sports teams to increase brand visibility.
28. Vehicle Wraps: Brand your company vehicles with your logo and contact info.
29. Branded Apparel: Wear and distribute branded clothing and merchandise.
30. Direct Mail Campaigns: Target neighborhoods with direct mail campaigns. This can be especially effective when timed to the seasons when people are most likely to replace or repair fences.
31. Home Shows: Participate in local home shows to exhibit your work and meet potential clients.
32. Trade Shows: Attend home improvement and trade shows to network and generate leads.
33. Workshops: Offer free workshops on fence maintenance and repair at your location or local home improvement stores.
34. Networking: Join local business groups to network and gain referrals.
35. Partnerships: Partner with local landscapers, architects, and real estate agents who can refer business to you.
36. Free Consultations: Offer free consultations to potential clients.
37. Eco-Friendly Marketing: Emphasize any environmentally friendly materials or practices you use.
38. Seasonal Promotions: Offer discounts or special packages during typically slower seasons.
39. Referral Program: Reward customers who refer others to your business.
40. Customer Loyalty Program: Offer discounts or loyalty programs to repeat customers.
41. Financing Options: If possible, offer financing options to make your services more affordable.
42. Canvassing Job Sites: Canvassing the neighborhoods where you are currently working is an excellent way to get the word out about your services. Use this opportunity to introduce your company to potential customers.
43. Door Hangers: Distribute door hangers in the local neighborhood, particularly around the homes where you’ve completed projects. The door hangers can showcase your work and provide information about your services and contact details.
44. Flyers and Brochures: Design and distribute flyers and brochures showcasing your fencing options, work portfolio, and customer testimonials. Include a call to action such as a free consultation or quote. Using QR codes on these printed materials will direct people to your website or a specific landing page.
45. Promotional Items: Distribute promotional items like pens, magnets, or calendars featuring your company’s branding. These can be given to potential customers during local events or when providing quotes.
Ready to elevate your fence contracting business with targeted fence company marketing strategies? You’ve explored 45 innovative marketing ideas, but bringing them to life effectively can be complex. That’s where BlueSoft, LLC steps in. We specialize in web design and fence company marketing to boost your digital presence. We craft high-performing fence company websites, transforming these marketing ideas into a powerful, tailored strategy for your business. Don’t tread the digital terrain alone. Reach out to us today. Let our team handle the complexities of web design and internet marketing, freeing you to focus on running your successful fencing business.